We take the safety and security of your cat very seriously for the entire duration of their stay with us. For this reason, we have certain rules and regulations in place for all cats to comply with, to ensure a secure and safe stay for every cat at Animal Think Tank cc.
We offer reduced / discounted rates for families of 4 or more cats, or if your cat is going to be staying with us for a period exceeding 30 days.
The discount is subject to seasonal availability, and approval by management of Animal Think Tank cc.
If you feel that you and your cat(s) qualify for a discount, please contact our head office directly.
Any changes made to your booking must be done within 48 hours of the change taking place. For example if you would like to extend your booking by 3 days, you need to let us know about this change 48 hours before the original booking was meant to end.
Changes can only be done via a phone call to our head office. Our friendly staff will confirm the changes, as well as send you an email to confirm the new dates and an updated invoice, that is due upon receipt.
The changing of bookings is based on our fist-come-first-serve policy, and we may not be able to extend your booking, depending on the season of the year.
To shorten or cancel your booking, please refer to the terms and conditions for cancellations & refunds.
Should you make a change to your booking within the 48 hour period, we reserve the right to change you an administration fee for the change. For more information regarding our administration fee, please refer to the Administration Fees Section.
We reserve the right to charge an administrative fee for any changes made to your booking. These charges are applied, as your cat(s) have a specifically allocated spot at our venue, and changes may result in us having to move other cats around to accommodate your changes.
Any administrative fees will be discussed with you directly over the phone when making your change.
It is the responsibility of you, the customer, to inform Animal Think Tank cc staff of any changes to your cat(s) condition, health, or personality that may be different from when you completed the form online or on paper.
In the event that Animal Think Tank cc was not made aware of said changes, and as a result your cat suffers, we reserve the right to take your cat to one of our pre-approved vets for a consult. All these charges will be for your account, as Animal Think Tank cc may not be held liable for any of the costs, damages, illness, or loss of life due to the lack of communication from the customer's side.
During the booking process, you are required to upload a picture of your cat for identification purposes.
All cats must be microchipped (with proof of microchipping), as we do not require collars for cats, before we can take them in for boarding.
For added safety, please include your cat's microchip number, so that we can scan them and identify each individual cat.
We require all cats (5-6 months & older) to be sterilised (with proof of sterilisation) before we can allow them to board with us.
We do not accept any cats older than 6 months that are not sterilised.
Animal Think Tank cc can cater for a wide range of special needs cats. When booking your boarding online, you can select special needs for your cat, and provide a full breakdown of what your cat's special needs are. Then once received by our head office, we will be in touch to discuss your special needs in detail.
Please note that we have a surcharge for special needs cats. This surcharge amount depends on the kind of special needs your cat has, and will be discussed with you, and invoiced out to you before your scheduled boarding starts.
Under certain conditions, we will require a veterinary certificate stating that the cat is fit to board for your required time. This will be requested by our head office should we need veterinary approval.
Your cat(s) must be up to date with their vaccination, deworming, tick & flee, and rabies protocols, and proof thereof must be brought along every time your cat(s) board. Should these reports not be provided, Animal Think Tank cc will not accept your cat.
Vaccination, deworming, tick & flee, and rabies protocols must be followed according to your vet's guidelines. Generally (and by South African Law) rabies inoculations must be completed every year.
If there is a medical reason why your cat cannot be vaccinated, a veterinary certificate is required.
When you are booking your cat(s), we ask whether you will be bringing food with your cat, of if you are going to purchase food on site. Below are some of the terms and regulations relating to the feeding of your cat:
- We have a limited selection of food products available, as per veterinary recommendations. We do not keep any commercialised food products, and if your cat is on a commercialised food product, enough food will have to be supplied to last their entire stay with us. Please contact the head office directly for a list of foods that we supply.
- We do not cook any food on site. Should your cat be on a cooked food diet, each meal has to be pre-prepared, and frozen, so that our staff can just defrost and serve it to your cat.
We at Animal Think Tank cc do our absolute best to keep your cat safe and secure, however, when you drop off your cats, you do so at your own risk, knowing that any additional fees are for your account. We cannot accept any liability for accidental damage, injuries, damage to property, or death occurred during your cats stay.
Furthermore Animal Think Tank cc may not be held accountable for any fees accumulated as a result of an accident or injury obtained during your cats stay.
This liability includes, but is not limited to additional food costs, grooming, veterinary costs, or special medications.
Whilst you are always welcome at any of our branches, you enter the properties at your own risk, and Animal Think Tank cc may not be held liable for any damage, loss, or stolen / damaged property whilst at our premises.
Should your cat require any veterinary care during their stay, we will do our best to contact you / your emergency contact, to inform you of the required care.
When veterinary care is required, the following terms and conditions apply:
- Should you / your emergency contact not be reachable to confirm a visit to your preferred vet, we will take your cat to our pre-approved vets: Paulshof, Riverclub, or Bryanston Vet.
- If we do get hold of you / your emergency contact, we are happy to take your cat to your vet of choice (within a 5km radius).
- Should the vet of your choice be outside of the 5km radius, we reserve the right to use Paulshof, Riverclub, or Bryanston Vet.
- If, for any reason, you would like us to go to your vet of choice (if they are outside of the 5km radius), we charge R10 per km to and from every visit to the vet.
- If you would prefer to use your own vet, please ensure that they are aware that you are going away, and that your cat is in the care of Animal Think Tank cc. Animal Think Tank cc will not pay for any bills outside our pre-approved vets, and arrangements have to be made between you and your vet regarding the bill.
- We charge R300 (Including VAT) per vet visit that is required during your cats stay.
Please note that Animal Think Tank cc will be in no way held responsible for the costs accumulated by any veterinary visits; including, but not limited to our preferred vets (Paulshof, Riverclub, or Bryanston Vet).
- For more information on Paulshof Vet; go to: https://paulshofvet.co.za/
- For more information on Riverclub Vet; go to: https://www.riverclubvet.co.za/
- For more information on Bryanston Veterinary Hospital; go to: http://www.bryanstonvet.co.za/
If your cat is on a medical aid plan, please provide all information relating to medical aid scheme.
Please ensure you let us know if your cat(s) have been tested as positive for any of the following feline specific diseases:
- FIV (Feline Immunodeficiency Virus)
- FLV (Feline Leukemia Virus)
Our bookings are made and managed on our website. We are in the process of phasing out all manual bookings that are not special request bookings.
Once you have made the booking online, you will receive a copy of all the information you completed on the booking form, however, only once you have received the order confirmation (sent to you automatically once the payment has been completed), your booking is considered confirmed, and we will ensure a space for your cat is available for your requested dates.
If you did not make your booking via our website, and have not made a payment for the telephonic booking, we cannot guarantee that your spot will be available. To prevent this, please book your cats stay on our website for peace of mind.
Our bookings work on a first-come-first-serve basis, and if your booking and payments are not completed, your spot will be handed over to the next person.